- Advanced Dual Technology protects against dirt and mould
- Designed to rejuvenate tired wood
- Available in 48 great colours
- Water repellent
- UV protection
Cabot's Water Based Deck and Exterior Stain is a highly durable stain that lasts longer than traditional decking stains. Designed to rejuvenate and transform the colour of all exterior timber, this exterior stain delivers a long lasting, beautiful result and is available in a range of 48 great colours.
New Bare Timber
To coat new bare timber immediately, scrub damp timber with Cabot’s New Timber Prep, following label instructions. New Timber Prep will draw out tannins and oils quickly from the surface, allowing you to skip the 4-6 weeks weathering process required for new timber. Always follow New Timber Prep with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Remove excess water from the surface with squeegee on Cabot’s Deck Prep brush, and allow timber to dry for at least 1 hour. Note: Cooler conditions could slow down the drying time of the timber.
Previously Painted or Varnished Timber
Remove back to bare timber using a paint stripper, or sanding. For exterior surfaces clean with Cabot's Deck Clean following label instructions.
Previously Stained and Oiled Timber
For exterior surfaces clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Test if the surface is ready for coating by sprinkling water on the timber. If the water beads on the surface, repeat the application of Deck Clean. If water is absorbed into timber, it is ready for coating. For a more transparent look, sand timber back to bare then clean with Cabot's Deck Clean before coating. Weathered and Grey Timber For best results, sand timber back to fresh substrate. Clean with Cabot's Deck Clean following label instructions.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Apply liberally along the length of the board including exposed edges and end grain by brush or pad applicator. The initial milky colour helps with even product application, drying to a semi-transparent finish.
3. Allow the first coat to dry for 2 hours and then apply a second coat using the same method.
Every 12 months check your coated timber for changes in colour or water repellency diminishes due to weathering. When required,
1. Clean the surfaces with Deck Clean as per label instructions.
2. Recoat with 1-2 coats of Deck & Exterior Stain OB.
• Use Cabot’s Everyday Deck Wash to refresh exterior timber decking and help remove dirt, dust and bird droppings for everyday use.