Bunnings
Icon - Website - Mobile - Add to project list.svgIcon - Website - Mobile - Cart.svg

Sign in or sign up

No Bunnings account? Sign up

Project list

Sign in to your account

Our Price Guarantee
towel on a bathroom rack
Help keep mould, mildew and fungus out of your home with the DampFree range of moisture absorbers.

Magnets for moisture

The best way to prevent mould, mildew and fungus from gathering in your home is to banish condensation and moisture. This has never been easier when you let clever products do the work for you.

Super soakers

DampFree products are filled with moisture-absorbing crystals, which are made using a non-toxic and septic-safe formula. These moisture magnets soak up humidity and dampness, reducing mildew, mould and fungus, as well eliminating the musty odours they cause. As the crystals pull in moisture from the air, they simply dissolve, making them easy to discard and top up using the refill crystals or pouches.

Sensitive choice

DampFree products can also help reduce allergens that contribute to asthma and allergies, and DampFree is an approved partner of the National Asthma Council Australia and Asthma and the Respiratory Foundation NZ’s Sensitive Choice program. The ‘blue butterfly’ symbol shown on products indicates that they have been independently assessed and approved to be allergy-aware.

Hidden heroes

Have you ever gone to pack for a holiday only to find your favourite bag has been stricken by mould? It’s a common occurrence, especially in more humid climates. Luckily, the DampFree range comes in a variety of shapes and sizes to let you cut the condensation in every corner of your home. The hanging pouch is perfect for wardrobes and other small, enclosed spaces. It will last up to 75 days, depending on conditions. For larger areas, such as bathrooms and storage units, the disposable tub unit can absorb more than four litres of moisture over 12 months. For shelves, windowsills and pantries, the neat slimline unit will fit right in; it lasts up to 45 days and can be easily refilled.

Keep in mind

Store products out of the reach of children and pets, and always follow the instructions.

Some products are not available at all Bunnings stores, but may be ordered.

Proactive prevention

Shop our range of DampFree moisture absorbing solutions to keep your home mould, mildew and fungus free!

Suggested products

More D.I.Y. Advice

Health & Safety

Asbestos, lead-based paints and copper chromium arsenic (CCA) treated timber are health hazards you need to look out for when renovating older homes. These substances can easily be disturbed when renovating and exposure to them can cause a range of life-threatening diseases and conditions including cancer. For information on the dangers of asbestos, lead-based paint and CCA treated timber and tips for dealing with these materials contact your local council's Environmental Health Officer or visit our Health & Safety page.

When following our advice in our D.I.Y. videos, make sure you use all equipment, including PPE, safely by following the manufacturer’s instructions. Check that the equipment is suitable for the task and that PPE fits properly. If you are unsure, hire an expert to do the job or talk to a Bunnings Team Member.