- Protects timbers against dirt and mould
- UV resistant and water repellent
- Deep penetrating, natural decking oil
Keep your deck looking it's best with Cabot's Natural Decking Oil, a fast drying, deep penetrating oil that helps to nourish and protect exposed timbers. With a fast re-coat time of 6 hours, Cabot's Natural Decking Oil allows you to get two coats done in one day, freeing up the rest of your weekend for fun and family. This traditional decking oil is ideal for use on decks, garden furniture, pergolas, fences and gates.
New Bare Timber
To coat new bare timber immediately, scrub damp timber with Cabot’s New Timber Prep, following label instructions. New Timber Prep will draw out tannins and oils quickly from the surface, allowing you to skip the 4-6 weeks weathering process required for new timber. Always follow New Timber Prep with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Remove excess water from the surface with squeegee on Cabot’s Deck Prep brush, and allow timber to dry for at least 1 hour. Note: Cooler conditions could slow down the drying time of the timber.
Previously Painted or Varnished Timber
Remove back to bare timber using a paint stripper, or sanding. For exterior surfaces clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions.
Previously Stained and Oiled Timber
For exterior surfaces clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Test if the surface is ready for coating by sprinkling water on the timber. If the water ‘beads’ on the surface further weathering, sanding or use of a timber stripper is required before applying Cabot’s Natural Decking Oil. If the water soaks into the surface, you are ready to apply.
Weathered and Grey Timber
Sand timber back to fresh timber. Clean with Cabot’s Deck Clean following label instructions. Note: Fill holes and imperfections with a suitable timber putty after applying the first coat.
Apply with a brush or decking applicator.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Apply liberally along the length of the board including exposed edges and end grain by brush or pad applicator.
3. Apply two coats allowing 6 hours between coats.
Every 12 months check your coated timber for changes in colour or water repellency diminishes due to weathering. When required,
1. Clean the surfaces with Deck Clean as per label instructions.
2. Recoat with 2 coats of Natural Decking Oil.
• Use Cabot’s Everyday Deck Wash to refresh exterior timber decking and help remove dirt, dust and bird droppings for everyday use.