The first step is to make the frame for the bedhead. Our bedhead is for a queen size bed, but yours can be any size you choose. To make the job quicker, you can have all of the timber pre-cut at Bunnings. Here’s our cut list for this project:
- 70mm x 35mm x 1560mm primed pine x 2 (top and bottom)
- 70mm x 35mm x 1010mm primed pine x 4 (sides and middle supports)
Outer finishing frame
- 110mm x 19mm x 1598mm Tasmanian oak or Hardwood x 2 (top and bottom)
- 110mm x 19mm x 1010mm Tasmanian oak or hardwood x 2 (sides)
Note: Make sure you have the ends of the finishing frame cut at 45-degree angles.
- 108mm x 19mm x 1560mm Tasmanian oak or hardwood tongue and groove floorboards x 10