Buyer's guide to fans
Enjoy all the beauty and ambience a fireplace has to offer – without any of the upkeep! – by investing in a high-quality Dimplex fireplace. That’s as well as improved energy efficiency, thanks to their use of LEDs.
Beyond the ultra-realistic flame, a powerful and efficient fan-forced heater keeps you snug on frosty days. And when you want mood without the warmth, you can do that too; the heat can be switched off at any time, while the flames can continue to flicker to provide that warm, glowing ambience.
Boasting the latest in electric flame technology, Dimplex electric fireplaces are available in a variety of flue beds to suit your style and the look of your home. These include authentic-looking logs, show-stopping crystals in a prism of colours, and a soft pebble look. They’re also versatile to install, with all electric fires able to be built in, wall mounted or left as standalone.
Compared to their wood-burning counterparts, Dimplex electric fireplaces also offer peace of mind. Children, pets and fireplaces can be a dangerous combination – unless you’ve chosen an electric alternative where the flame doesn’t burn (despite how real it appears) and the glass exterior front remains cool to touch.
There’s also no need to worry about moisture or mould created by condensation, and you can forget any concerns about oxygen depletion, carbon monoxide poisoning or smoke in your home. And did we mention there’ll be no more splinters?
Say goodbye to sourcing wood and stubborn creosote build-up in your home. Going electric isn’t just the tidier alternative, it’s also a whole lot easier. There’s no need to meet special ventilation requirements and, in many cases, you won’t even require installation – it’s as simple as plugging it in, and turning it on. Moving home? Renting? Not a problem – just like your favourite piece of furniture, most portable electric fires can be easily moved around, too.
Get your Dimplex electric fireplace installed and ready to go before the cold winter nights set in.
Photo Credit: Dimplex
Asbestos, lead-based paints and copper chromium arsenic (CCA) treated timber are health hazards you need to look out for when renovating older homes. These substances can easily be disturbed when renovating and exposure to them can cause a range of life-threatening diseases and conditions including cancer. For information on the dangers of asbestos, lead-based paint and CCA treated timber and tips for dealing with these materials contact your local council's Environmental Health Officer or visit our Health & Safety page.
When following our advice in our D.I.Y. videos, make sure you use all equipment, including PPE, safely by following the manufacturer’s instructions. Check that the equipment is suitable for the task and that PPE fits properly. If you are unsure, hire an expert to do the job or talk to a Bunnings Team Member.