- Enhances the natural grain of wood
- Nourishes and protects for a longer lasting finish
- Easy to apply natural timber oil
Cabot's Danish Oil is a penetrating, abrasion resistant oil ideal for reviving tired wood on all interior furniture, doors, windows and trim. It settles gently into the timber, providing a protective natural matt finish whilst allowing the natural grain of the wood to show through. Suitable for use on all interior timber, excluding flooring.
Note: Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with Cabot's Wood Tone Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching. Remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil with mineral turpentine. Remove any polish with a suitable polish remover.
NOTE: Previously coated interior timber with highly visible scratches, imperfections or surfaces that are severely worn must be sanded prior to coating.
Sand the surface smooth using 180 - 240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously Coated Timber
Remove back to bare timber using a paint stripper or sanding. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Note: Do not shake can.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Apply a full even coat with a brush, roller or rag.
3. Allow to dry for 8 hours.
4. Lightly sand between coats with 240 grit paper. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
5. Apply a 2nd coat as above.
Note - For a higher sheen, apply further coats of Danish Oil as required allowing 8 hours between coats. Sand lightly between coats with 240 grit paper.
When the finish appears tired or dull, it's time for a re-coat.
1. Clean with Cabot's Floor Clean following label instructions.
2. Lightly sand with 240 grit paper and remove all traces of sanding dust.
3. Apply 1 - 2 coats of Cabot's Danish Oil following label instructions.