- Enhances timber grain
- Resists stains
- Heat resistant
- Food safe
- Low odour and non-yellowing
Cabot's Benchtop Clear Water Based is a highly durable, heat* and stain-resistant, a fast-drying varnish that is safe for use on living area and kitchen timber benchtops when the surface is fully cured. Once fully cured, it is resistant to chemicals, oils and heat from hot cups/mugs.
Note: Not suitable for chopping boards, food container or utensils, nor designed to withstand heat from hot saucepans. As it is water-based, it is fast drying, low odour and cleans up is easy. Cabot's Benchtop Clear Water-Based also performs as a clear topcoat over Cabot's Interior Stain Water-Based.
Bare Interior Timber
Sand the surface smooth using 180 -240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain.
Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously Coated Interior Timber
1. Thoroughly clean the surface with Cabot's Floor Clean and allow to dry.
2. Apply one coat to a small test area. Allow to dry for 24 hours. Press sticky tape firmly to the surface and pull off quickly. If the coating comes off, sand back further to a sound surface.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Apply with a good quality brush, short nap roller or spray gun. If spraying, back brushing is recommended. If brushing or rolling, always apply in the direction of the grain.
3. Allow to dry for a minimum of 2 hours. For best results, lightly sand to remove any grain raise using 240 grit paper. Remove all sanding dust.
4. Apply 2nd & 3rd coats as above.
STAINING BARE INTERIOR TIMBER If timber is to be stained, apply one coat of Cabot's Interior Stain Water Based or Cabot’s Stain & Varnish Water Based following label instructions. Then apply Cabot's Benchtop Clear. NOTE: To stain previously coated timber, sand back to bare timber before staining.