- Fast drying finish
- Hard wearing
- Highly durable
Cabots CFP Floor Water Based Gloss is a clear flooring polyurethane suitable for all interior timber parquetry and cork flooring. It is highly durable, hard wearing and has a fast-drying finish.
^ No sanding required.
No sanding is required for pre-coated timber floors, preparation steps below must be followed. Please note new timber must be sanded.
Remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil with mineral turpentine.
Remove any polish with a suitable floor polish remover.
Note: Floors with highly visible scratches, imperfections or floors that are severely worn must be sanded prior to coating.
Sand the surface smooth using 180 - 240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously coated floors & timber floating floors
Thoroughly clean the surface with Cabot's Floor Clean and allow to dry. Apply one coat to a small test area. Allow to dry for 3 hours. Press sticky tape firmly to the surface and pull off quickly. If the coating comes off, sanding back to a sound surface will be required.
Note: Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with Cabot's Wood Tone Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching.
Apply with 6-10mm nap roller, Brush, Pad applicator
Note: Do not shake can.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during use.
2. Use a brush to cut in around the edge of one section at a time.
3. Apply product with a pad applicator, good quality brush or 6 - 10mm nap roller. Coat along the length of 3 - 4 boards, keeping a wet edge to prevent lap marks.
4. Allow to dry for a minimum of 3 hours. For best results, lightly sand to remove any grain raise using 240 grit paper. Remove all sanding dust.
5. Apply the 2nd & 3rd coats as above.
BARE TIMBER FLOORS
Apply 3 coats, allowing 3 hours between coats.
PREVIOUSLY COATED FLOORS
Apply 2 coats, allowing 3 hours between coats.
STAINING BARE TIMBER FLOORS
1. If staining is required, apply 1 coat of CFP Floor Water Based as a sealer.
2. Apply 1 - 2 coats of Cabot's Stain & Varnish Water Based with a 6 - 10mm nap micro-fibre roller.
3. Finish with 2 coats of Cabot’s CFP Floor Water Based following application instructions above.
Note: To stain a previously coated timber floor, sand back to bare timber before staining.
Cabot's Floor Clean is recommended for regular cleaning.
Once your timber floors have become excessively scratched, it's time for a re-coat with Cabot's CFP Floor Water based.