1. Ensure that the surfaces to be adhered to are clean, dry and free from oil and other contaminants.
2. Ensure tape is centred on the join.
3. Apply tape, ensuring that the maximum surface contact is achieved by allowing the tape to conform to contours in the product. Apply firm pressure with Ametalin Squeegee as you apply the tape.
4. Whenever possible, apply tape to joins that have a firm backing (e.g. studs or rafters) to achieve maximum application pressure. If this is not possible, then provide support from behind with short pieces of steel studs or timber.
5. Taping of joins is a method of sealing joins only, and is not a suitable substitute for mechanical fixing in situations where there may be stress or pressure on the join (e.g. wind loading, etc.). In such cases, a more secure method of securing the join must be considered.