Bunnings will happily assist customers who wish to return or exchange goods purchased from any of our stores across Australia or online.
When returning products in stores, all products for return or exchange must be identified to the door greeter or gate keeper upon entry into the store and you'll be directed to our dedicated in-store 'Returns and Exchanges Desk' where Bunnings Team Members will provide you with assistance.
Return/exchange of non-faulty goods
With a receipt or tax invoice
- We can provide a refund
- All returned goods must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Receipts and tax invoices must be valid and intact
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Cheques and debit cards will be refunded as cash and credit card refunds must be processed back onto a credit card.
Note: A credit card must be present to gain a refund.
Without a receipt
- We can provide an exchange voucher or an exchange for 'like' goods
- All goods for exchange must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Positive identification will be required
- Exchange vouchers are valid from time of issue and are redeemable at any store. These vouchers are not redeemable for cash or Gift Cards.
Trade account returns/exchanges
If you're an account customer and presenting goods for return or exchange, a copy of the original invoice must be presented in-store along with the goods to arrange an account credit.
Commercial quantities are not generally returnable.
Online purchases can be returned either in-store with the tax invoice or by contacting our Customer Support team at email@example.com.
Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund or exchange on the following items:
- Custom-made products
- Any product/s specifically cut to size at your request
- Toilet seats, if packaging has been opened (for health reasons)
- Tinted paint (if you change your mind on the colour).
Return/exchange of faulty goods
Faulty or damaged goods under warranties
In addition to manufacturers’ guarantees on selected products, Bunnings and its suppliers provide a guarantee of acceptable quality on every product, by law. You're entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, and to compensation for other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You're also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality but the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We recommend you retain your receipt, as we may require proof that you purchased the product from us. Our Team Members will be able to advise you whether a refund, exchange, repair or replacement is available.
Perfect plant promise
All our plants (except seedlings) are guaranteed for 12 months. If you’re not 100% happy, return your plant (with receipt or tax invoice) and we’ll refund it.
Find out more about product recalls.