- Slightly curved shape of the blade is suitable for both cutting and chopping, especially for a fluid rock-chop
- Uniquely designed knife that combines the shape of a santoku with a Chinese chopping knife
- Can be used for cabbage, dry or semi-dry sausage, fish, fruit, herbs, meat, and vegetables
- Particularly finely ground towards the cutting edge (it should not be used for chopping bones)
- Handle is made from a resilient synthetic material and is triple riveted for strength
With its extra-wide blade, the Wusthof Classic Kitchen Surfer Chai Dao Knife bears resemblance to a santoku and cleaver. Great for those preparation tasks that involve slicing, dicing, chopping, and crushing, this Chinese-style knife is handy to have around for a variant range of preparation tasks. They're thick and hefty, so solid you know they can handle just about anything. And yet they have a certain grace, shapes so precisely engineered that the knives practically work themselves.