- Forged from one piece with full tang
- Tempered for exceptional sharpness retention
- For professional chefs and home cooking enthusiasts
- Extraordinary sharpness – easy to maintain
- Balanced seamless construction
If you were to buy just one knife, the sensible choice would be the 16cm Wusthof Classic Cooks Knife. First of all, it's a Wusthof, so it's one of the world's best and secondly, it's a cook's knife, which is generally considered the most versatile knife in a chef's knife collection. Cook's knives do all the major tasks exceptionally well: carving, slicing, chopping and dicing. Once you own a knife like this, you'll be surprised at the difference a really good knife can make. Wusthof Classics feature thick bolsters with complete finger guards, triple-riveted full-tang handles, and multi-functional blade surfaces designed cleave, crush, and pound as efficiently as they cut. Drop forged and perfectly balanced, the blade is forged from one solid piece of steel, tempered to the optimum 58 Rockwell for durability.