- Designed for use as a substrate for tile walls, ceilings, countertops and commercial or residential floor applications in high moisture areas.
- No additional water proofing membrane required. Installs in 3 easy steps. Measure & cut – fasten – caulk & tape
- DensShield® Tile Backer has the highest level of performance (10 out of 10) for mould resistance under the ASTM D3273 test method and is listed as a GREENGUARD microbial resistant product by UL Environment based on ASTM Standard D6329-98.
- Complies with the National Construction Code (NCC2019) and the Building Code of Australia (Vol 1 part F1 – Damp and waterproofing) AS3740 2010
- DensShield® tile backer 15.9mm meets type X requirements (per ASTM C1178) for use in fire-rated assemblies.
Wet Area Solutions are proud to introduce DensShield® Tile Backer board to Australia. DensShield® Tile Backer has a long history of successful performance, with hundreds of millions of square metres installed in over 30 countries world-wide.
DensShield® Tile Backer is a substrate that, when properly installed, resists the effects of water or moisture, making it excellent for protecting both tile installations and stud cavities.
DensShield® Tile Backer is composed of a water resistant treated core that is covered front and back with fibreglass mats. The coated fibreglass mats are permanently integrated with the core during manufacturing to help prevent delamination problems.
On the face side of DensShield® Tile Backer is a heat-cured acrylic coating which stops moisture at the surface and retards vapour transmission, protecting the wall cavity and ﬂoor substrate from moisture intrusion.