Get the timber look with Axon™ cladding by James Hardie
If you're after a no-fuss way to achieve the timber look, without the time consuming board construction and durability hassles, Axon™ by James Hardie is the perfect addition to your next build.
If you’re after a smart pristine look, Axon™ cladding creates a beautiful uniform surface. The vertically grooved panels are a design highlight for any modern family home or inner city apartment.
The clean vertical lines of Axon™ Cladding are the perfect addition to a modern home, manufactured with sharp lines and a smooth surface. Axon™ Cladding provides a no-fuss way to achieve the timber look, without the time consuming board construction and durability hassles. Being fibre cement, imperfections such as knots, splinters, twisting and warping are absent.
The range of vertically grooved panels with the detail of vertical joint timber, feature a shiplap joint on the long edges, enabling easy and efficient installation. Axon™ Cladding sheets are 1200mm wide and 9mm thick, and are pre-primed to speed up construction. Available in various heights and profiles, Axon™ Cladding is suitable for common wall sizes, reducing waste.
Utilise Axon™ Cladding in contemporary upper storey and ground floor extensions, as well as modern and beachy builds to make an impact with the detail of vertical lines and bring textural interest to both internal and external walls. Internally, Axon creates drama and detail in feature walls, with the ability to run vertically or horizontally for a different look.
Features and benefits of Axon
• Cladding is made from the low density Scyon™ Formulation, which is thicker, yet as durable and easy to nail, for aesthetic cladding and tongue and groove lining.
• Gun-nail to timber frames or screw to light gauge steel frames. Pre-primed for fast paint application to complete the look.
• Axon adheres to bushfire attack level requirements to BAL40 and has a fire rating up to 60 minutes when used with HardieSmart™ wall systems.
• Fibre cement with the charm of timber without the longevity issues of shrinking, swelling and warping to retain its look for longer.
Check out your PowerPass pricing
This product is available via Special Orders. To quote for your next job, you can log in to view your PowerPass prices across the range or contact your local Trade Specialist or Account Manager to find out more.
Learn more about the range available, by viewing the products on the Bunnings website, or by quoting the below I/N to your Account Manager or Trade Specialist.
Hardie™ Fine Texture Cladding is a pre-textured fibre cement panel, it’s low maintenance and durable to stay looking good for many years to come. It has shiplap joints on the long edges to avoid the need for set joints and to resist cracking. Plus it’s pre-sealed and ready to paint.
4 reasons to use Hardie™ Fine Texture Cladding to achieve a modern textured look
- It saves time - You can clad and paint on the same day, since the boards come factory pre-sealed and pre-textured, so you’ll be able to complete your projects sooner.
- It saves cost - Reduce on-the-wall costs by up to 30% compared to rendered brick.
Comparison based on builder case studies, and modelled installation costs for a fully built and painted wall (9.0 m long x 2.4 m high + 1 x door + 1 window) using data sourced from Estimates Australia (2020).
- It saves complexity - Simplify your builds by reducing the number of trades on site.
- Saves from cracks - Set joints, which are prone to cracks, have been replaced with shiplap joints.