1. Bunnings Group Limited and Bunnings Limited (Bunnings) are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
2. This policy is available on our websites at bunnings.com.au and bunnings.co.nz.
Collection of information
3. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that Bunnings may collect about you includes:
4. The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Bunnings;
5. We may also collect personal information about you from:
Use and disclosure of personal information
6. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
7. Bunnings may use your personal information:
8. We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
Transfer of information overseas
9. Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to related companies of Bunnings that are located overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas. The jurisdictions in which the personal information you provide to us may be held include Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
10. Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
11. You have the option of dealing with Bunnings anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Marketing, advertising and customer insights
12. As part of Bunnings’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Bunnings may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes Bunnings or third parties:
Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from Bunnings by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or sending an email to Bunnings’ Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. We may collect, use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold about you with information about you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources. We may do this to enable us to derive insights about you. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use trusted service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights. If you don't want us to develop and use these insights about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security and storage
15. Bunnings will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, Bunnings seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for Bunnings is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
16. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, Bunnings cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Bunnings over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
17. You have the right under applicable Australian or New Zealand privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by Bunnings, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact Bunnings” below.
18. Bunnings may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
19. Bunnings will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
20. If Bunnings refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if Bunnings refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal .If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
21. If you have a question or complaint about this policy, Bunnings’ collection of your personal information or the way in which Bunnings deals with your personal information, this should be directed to Bunnings’ Privacy Officer using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact Bunnings” below.
22. We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with Bunnings’ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, if you are in New Zealand, the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
23. Bunnings’ website may contain links to other websites.If you access any third party website from Bunnings’ website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website.Bunnings is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website.Bunnings encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
How to contact Bunnings
24. You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
Bunnings’ Privacy Officer
16-18 Cato St,
HAWTHORN EAST VIC 3123
Changes to this policy
25. Bunnings may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website.
Bunnings also has a credit reporting policy that sets out our commitments to protect the personal information of our customers that we may provide credit to or consider providing credit to. That policy is available here.