A message to our customers
In the interests of team and customer safety and as part of ongoing efforts to give customers access to the products they need, Bunnings have announced a number of additional changes to their stores.
Bunnings stores will close at 7pm* Monday to Friday to enable team members to re-stock shelves and conduct a thorough clean of the store. There will be no changes to weekend trading hours.
*There will be no changes for stores that currently close before 7pm Monday to Friday. Check your local store's trading hours here.
We also want customers to be aware that there may be some delays in our busier stores as we try to ensure we are doing everything we can to ensure social distancing measures. This could be anything from less checkouts in operation, to limiting customer numbers in store. It will be different store to store, depending on how busy they are and we’ll do the best we can to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible. We really appreciate just how understanding our customers have been and thank them sincerely for their support in giving us the opportunity to support them.
Inside the store, customers may already have noticed some changes as Bunnings continues to put in place additional measures to help look after team members and customers. These include:
- Increased cleaning in-store and for equipment such as counters, trolleys and baskets
- Providing team with gloves and hand sanitiser
- Suspended sausage sizzles, family events, in-store and children’s activities
- Implemented social distancing measures, including taping floors to mark 1.5m, moving stock on pallets around to open up space, trestle tables in front of service areas to create more distance
- Posters outside and around the store (and reminding customers via PA announcements)
- Our playgrounds are closed
- From Tuesday 31st March, Bunnings will be closing the Hire Shop until further notice. All items that are currently out on hire can remain so, however we are unable to process any further hires of equipment, vehicles or trailers
- All cafes in our stores will be shut as of close of business Friday 27th March, until further notice
- Water fountains and trade coffee stations closed
- Encouraging customers to use Tap and Pay where possible
To ensure we can all maintain appropriate social distancing measures and customer safety, all Bunnings stores have implemented the extra steps below to help you safely get the things you need:
- 1.5m floor markings at all checkouts for our customers
- Rearranging in-store items to create 1.5m space for our customers and team members to keep their distance
- Requesting that customers use tap and pay options as the preferred method of transaction
For high demand items, and to reduce the number of customers in those aisles, we will be limiting the following to a maximum four items per customer:
- Cleaning products
- Storage products
- Garden sprayers
- Protective coveralls
We also will be limiting the following high demand items to a maximum one item per customer:
- Respirators / Face masks
- Fuel cans
- Methylated spirits
Our team are doing an incredible job working hard and doing their best to help customers get the products that they need. We ask customers to respect the space they keep and respect they show. We thank you in advance for having patience as we adapt how we trade, serve customers and support our team.
Bunnings will continue to follow government advice in relation to all its store operations and will continue to make necessary changes to keep team and customers as safe as possible. We will continue to keep everyone informed of the additional precautionary steps we are taking through in store signage and we will keep this page relevant with the most up-to-date information that may affect our stores.
We would also ask that if you are feeling unwell, please take care of yourself and those around you. Should this be the case or if you prefer not to visit us in-store we are always happy to welcome you online at www.bunnings.com.au.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the steps we are taking to protect our customers and team, you can contact us on www.bunnings.com.au/trade/contact-us or by calling 133 062.