- For cooked and uncooked food (including meat, fish, fruit and vegetables)
- Conveniently collected in your kitchen instead of constant trips outside
- Location on back to mark the date - keeps track of how long contents have been inside
- Produces nutrient rich liquid that can be used as fertiliser
- Rebuilds the soil in your garden
This stylish new, compact, indoor Composter will transform ALL food waste (including cooked food, meat, fish and cheese) into a super healthy, nutrient rich compost.
The preliminary fermentation process utilizes a container and Bokashi bacteria as a compost activator and has been specifically designed to initiate the breakdown of organic waste in the home environment.
Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning “Fermented Organic Matter”. It can refer to either a liquid or bran based material that has been fermented with EM (friendly bacteria). Bokashi products are generally pleasant smelling and, when added to your bucket, are designed to accelerate the fermentation of organic matter.
The fermentation process does not produce adverse smells so you can keep the bucket under the sink or anywhere in the home. Once treated in the Kitchen Composter, the material can then be safely dug into your garden or placed in your outdoor compost bin.