- Kit comes with 2 x 12lt Indoor composter buckets, 500ml liquid Bokashi and Compactor
- No smells because friendly safe bacteria are used
- Avoids trips to an outdoor composter after every meal (ideal for the elderly or enfeebled)
- Releases a nutrient rich liquid that can be used as fertiliser
- For cooked and uncooked food (including meat, fish, fruit and vegetables)
This stylish new, compact, indoor composter will transform all food waste (including cooked food, meat, fish and cheese) into a super healthy, nutrient-rich compost.
The preliminary fermentation process utilizes a container and Bokashi bacteria as a compost activator and has been specifically designed to initiate the breakdown of organic waste in the home environment.
Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning “Fermented Organic Matter”. It can refer to either a liquid or bran based material that has been fermented with EM (friendly bacteria). Bokashi products are generally pleasant smelling and, when added to your bucket, are designed to accelerate the fermentation of organic matter.
The fermentation process does not produce adverse smells so you can keep the bucket under the sink or anywhere in the home. Once treated in the kitchen composter, the material can then be safely dug into your garden or placed in your compost bin.
Using 2 units at once means when you have filled one unit you can allow that to sit for 2-3 weeks and allow everything to ferment to the same level. While this is happening you can put all of your kitchen waste into the second unit, and by the time that unit is full the 1st will be ready to add to your compost bin or dug into your garden.