- To plasticise mortars, renders and other sand/cement mixes.
- Allows for easier workability in mortars, particularly those that contain coarse sand.
- Mortars will flow more readily at lower water contents, and maintain shape and form, even under loads from subsequent layers of bricks.
- Reduces segregation and bleeding in mortar mixes, therefore reducing unsightly surface laitence. This also improves cure of mortars, leading to a stronger and more durable result
- Eliminates the need for lime to plasticise the mix thus allowing the water/cement ratio to be reduced, producing a higher strength mortar.
Lanko 311 Bricklayers Plasticiser is a plasticising additive for use in bricklayer’s mortar and sand/cement mortars in general. It is designed to greatly improve the handling characteristics of mortars that it is added to.
Lanko 311 Bricklayers Plasticiser is ideal to add to mortar mixes when appropriate well-graded sands are not available. Lanko 311 Bricklayers Plasticiser is generically referred to as “liquid ball bearings”.