- Ultra thin kerf with exclusive welded carbide teeth for fastest cutting speed and increased durability* - over 25% stronger tooth bond than traditional brazing methods
- Perimeter venting allows faster chip ejection and a strengthened core
- Laser cut plate with expansion control slots reduces warping and increases blade control
- Heat resistant non-stick coating reduces binding and gumming for cleaner, truer cuts
- Ring tensioned to maintain balance for straighter cuts
The new IRWIN® WeldTec™ circular saw blades are precision engineered to deliver long life and durability without sacrificing speed of cut. Made in Italy, these blades feature exclusive welded carbide teeth for industry-leading strength. The heat resistant non-stick coating reduces binding and gumming so the blades run cooler and deliver cleaner, truer cuts. Plus, the blades are laser cut with expansion control slots to reduce warping and vibration. The new blades are available for Construction, Demolition and Specialty applications.
During IRWIN’s patented WeldTec process, carbide teeth are welded, not brazed. In the brazing process, wire is used as a filler metal to bond teeth to the blade. When this process is complete, the carbide tips and the steel plate of the blade remain independent and rely on the filler metal for strength. With IRWIN’s exclusive welded technology, the joining process merges the carbide tip and steel plate into one continuous piece creating a bond that is stronger than traditional brazing methods.