- Rich colour
- Subtle sheen
- Highlights timber grain
This penetrating, semi-transparent exterior timber finish adds rich colour and a subtle sheen to timber, highlighting the natural beauty of the grain.
How to Prepare your Timber and Deck stain
Let's prepare for your new timber look:
How to prepare new timber:
1. Allow your new timber to weather for 4-6 weeks before applying.
2. Ensure your deck is clean and ready to go with Feast Watson Woodclean - just follow the instructions.
3. Sand the surface lightly to remove any grain raise for the best results for your deck. And remember, remove any leftover dust before coating!
How to prepare weathered timber:
1. Ensure your deck is clean and ready to go with Feast Watson Woodclean.
2. For best results, sand your timber slightly to remove any deterioration. Make sure to remove all left over sand before coating!
Previously Coated Timber
How to prepare previously coated timber:
1. If your deck already has stain or oil, don't worry. Just prepare the surface by stripping or sanding back your timber to it's original bare surface.
2. As always, ensure your timber is clean by using Woodclean to ensure the best coating results.
How to apply the Timber and Deck Stain to your timber
So, how do you achieve your new look? Let’s see!
Before you get started, you need to ensure the following:
- Your timber is completely dry before applying the Timber and Deck Stain.
- The Timber and Deck Stain is thoroughly stirred through before starting (and during!). Avoid introducing any bubbles!
- If you are coating a large space and need more than one Timber and Deck Stain, mix all together in a large container.
Alright take your product and your brush, spray or Feast Watson floor applicator and let’s apply your wood stain:
- Apply two coats of Timber and Deck Stain, walking along 3-4 planks at a time, in the same direction as the grain of the deck. If you are using a spray, don't forget to back brush the coating to ensure even penetration.
- Don’t forget about your edges! They need to be fully coated.
- Allow 12 hours drying between coats. Congratulations, you now have a beautiful deck!