What you’ll need:
• Dulux Renovation Range Floors in your chosen colour
• Dulux Renovation Range Clear Coat
• 38–50mm high-quality angled sash cutter brush
• 4mm nap 100mm wide microfibre roller
• Paint stirrer and drop sheet
• Painters tape
• P400 sanding paper
• Selleys Sugar Soap
• Selleys Silicone Remover
• Selleys Rapid Mould Killer
Dulux Renovation Range Floors, requires a clean surface to adhere. All grease and dirt contaminations MUST be removed, or the paint will not adhere and will peel or flake off.
For previously painted surfaces:
On ALL surfaces cleaning is the most important step.
1. Scrub down all areas with Selleys Sugar Soap and rinse with clean water to remove any dirt, oil or grease. Use a plastic scouring pas on heavily contaminated surfaces. Repeat this process using clean water, at least twice.
IMPORTANT: Do not use abrasive cleaning detergents.
2. Completely remove any loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable hard epoxy-based filler such as Selleys Knead-IT Aqua.
3. Sand glossy and semi-gloss finishes to a dull flat finish using p400 paper before coating.
4. Use a clean damp cloth to remove any dust.
1. For grout lines ensure to remove all grease and oil.
2. Thoroughly clean surface using Selleys Rapid Mould Killer.
3. Remove all silicone sealant from joints using Selleys Silicone Remover.
4. Wash down well with water.
5. Sand with P400 paper in all areas where silicone has been removed.
6.Clean again with Selleys Rapid Mould Killer and wash with Selleys Sugar Soap. Use a scrubbing brush or a toothbrush to properly clean grout lines.
6. Rinse with clean water and dry with a clean cloth.
7. Allow grout lines to dry for a minimum two hours before painting. Mask using a good quality painters' tape.
1. Add all of the additive found underneath the blue lid to the paint.
2. Stir well for approximately 2–5 minutes with a broad flat paddle, using an up and down scooping action until the additive is completely mixed into the paint.
3. Once mixed, the product is suitable to use for up to 10 days.
After the additive has been added and stirred, apply at least two coats of Dulux Renovation Range Tiles & Benchtop ensuring that the previous coat is left for a minimum of 8 hours before recoating.
1. Cut in as necessary using a 38–50mm high-quality angled sash cutter brush.
2. Coat surface using a 4mm nap 100mm wide microfibre roller.
3. Lay off. Once each section is coated, gently go over the surface in the same direction with an unloaded roller using minimal pressure. This will give a smooth consistent finish.
Note: Some colours may require more than two coats, especially when painting over dark colours.
When applying to tiles the grout lines will be covered as well. To refresh or re-whiten grout lines, use the Dulux Renovation Range Grout Pen.
Check out the full range
Need something for your next paint project? Take a look at the full range of Dulux paint.