Approximate cost: $150
Total hours: 4.5 plus drying time
• Selleys 1L Sugar Soap Super Concentrate
• Sandblaster 320 Grit Sandpaper with No-Slip Grip
• Dulux Aquanamel 1L High Gloss Deep Base Enamel Paint in Very Terracotta
• Monarch 63mm Walls Doors & Trims Paint Brush
• Sandblaster 320 Grit Sandpaper with no slip grip 5 pack
• Dulux Duramax 340g Gloss Spray Paint Ito
• Dulux Duramax 340g Gloss Spray Paint Tranquil Retreat
• Northcote Pottery Italian 33cm Terracotta Pot
• Northcote Pottery 27cm Italian Super Bloomer Terracotta Pot
Step 1. Begin your day at Bunnings. Be sure to take your shopping list with you and get everything you need there.
Step 2. Give your front door a wash with the sugar soap as per the label, then sand the surface to a dull finish.
Step 3. Wipe the surface clean. Then apply the first coat of paint to the door. This will take roughly two hours to dry.
Step 4. Now it’s time to, dust of your pots. Take the spray paint and apply one coat to each pot. They’ll only take 30 minutes, after this your work here is done. Time to sit back and watch your favourite show guilt-free.
Step 1. Lightly sand the door again, then apply a second coat of paint and leave to dry for two hours.
Step 2. While the door is drying, apply a second coat of spray paint to the pots.
Step 3. Finish by showing off your incredible handywork to your friends and family or even share it on your socials.
A door worth knocking on
Now all that’s left to do is head into your local Bunnings to collect everything you need to get your door and front entrance looking good as new!