Dulux 1L Renovation Range Floors Gloss Deep
Dulux Renovation Range – Floors requires a clean surface to adhere. All grease and dirt contaminations must be removed or the paint won't adhere and will peel or flake off.
On all surfaces, cleaning is the most important step.
1. Scrub down all areas with Selleys Sugar Soap and rinse with clean water to remove any dirt, oil or grease. Use a plastic scouring pad on heavily contaminated surfaces. Repeat this process using clean water at least twice.
Important tip: don't use abrasive cleaning detergents.
2. Completely remove any loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable hard epoxy-based filler such as the one from Selleys.
3. Sand glossy and semi-gloss finishes to a dull flat finish using P400 sandpaper before coating.
4. Use a clean damp cloth to remove any dust.
1. For grout lines, ensure to remove all grease and oil.
2. Thoroughly clean surface using Selleys Rapid Mould Killer.
3. Remove all silicone sealant from joints using Selleys Silicone Remover.
4. Wash down well with water.
5. Sand with P400 sandpaper in all areas where silicone has been removed.
6. Clean again with Selleys Rapid Mould Killer and wash with Selleys Sugar Soap. Use a scrubbing brush or a toothbrush to properly clean grout lines.
7. Rinse with clean water and dry with a clean cloth.
8. Allow grout lines to dry for a minimum of two hours before painting. Mask using a good quality painters tape.
Pro tip: Floor polishes containing wax or silicone additives must be completely removed prior to using Dulux Renovation Range.
1. The primer is applied first, so add all of the additive found underneath the blue lid to the primer.
2. Stir well for approximately 2–5 minutes with a broad flat paddle, using an up and down scooping action until the additive is completely mixed in.
3. Once mixed, the primer is suitable to use for up to 3 days.
4. When you're finished priming, repeat this process with the topcoat.
5. Once mixed, the topcoat is suitable to use for up to 10 days.
After the additive has been added and stirred, apply Dulux Renovation Range – Plastic & Laminate Primer. For full instructions please read the label on the product.
After the additive has been added and stirred, apply at least two coats of Dulux Renovation Range – Floors, ensuring that the previous coat is left for a minimum of 8 hours before re-coating.
1. Cut in as necessary using a 38–50mm high-quality angled sash cutter brush.
2. Coat surface using a 4mm nap 100mm wide microfibre roller.
3. Lay off. Once each section is coated, gently go over the surface in the same direction with an unloaded roller using minimal pressure. This will give a smooth consistent finish.
Note: some colours may require more than two coats, especially when painting over dark colours.
Pro tip: When applying to tiles, the grout lines will be covered as well. To refresh or re-whiten grout lines, use the Dulux Renovation Range – Grout Pen.
Asbestos, lead-based paints and copper chromium arsenic (CCA) treated timber are health hazards you need to look out for when renovating older homes. These substances can easily be disturbed when renovating and exposure to them can cause a range of life-threatening diseases and conditions including cancer. For information on the dangers of asbestos, lead-based paint and CCA treated timber and tips for dealing with these materials contact your local council's Environmental Health Officer or visit our Health & Safety page.
When following our advice in our D.I.Y. videos, make sure you use all equipment, including PPE, safely by following the manufacturer’s instructions. Check that the equipment is suitable for the task and that PPE fits properly. If you are unsure, hire an expert to do the job or talk to a Bunnings Team Member.