- The refillable container is ideal for wardrobes, bathrooms, bedrooms, boats and caravans
- Eliminates musty odours caused by moisture
- Works by a natural process to automatically absorb moisture and humidity but never over-dry the air
- DampRid is composed of calcium chloride, which is a salt product. Because of its salt properties, as it begins to absorb moisture it begins to sell thus becoming hard. The DampRid is acting like a sponge pulling the water from the air and trapping in the upper portion of the basket. When the upper basket has completely solidified and has absorbed as much moisture as possible, it will begin releasing the water to the lower chamber. This process can vary depending on moisture and temperature.
- The solidification and absorption of the product depends on the amount of relative humidity that is present. Mildew/Mould requires moisture to grow. The optimal range for growth is 70-90% Relative Humidity. RH would have to be below 62% to stop all chances of mould growth and lowers the number of cells produced.
The DampRid Refillable Moisture Absorber prevents mould, mildew and musty odours by removing excess moisture from the air. Perfect for any place in the home where moisture is a problem. It lasts up to 60 days depending on temperature and humidity.