- Natural insulation: Provides natural insulation that outperforms other softwoods. Keeps buildings cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Versatile, distinctive and stylish: Perfect for achieving any look, from natural and rustic to clean and contemporary.
- Durable: Exceptionally durable because it has naturally occurring extractives that are toxic to decay-causing fungi.
- Sustainability: All Cedar Sales’ Western Red Cedar products are PEFC certified as standard, and can be supplied in FSC certified Western Red Cedar on request – see the Special Orders team instore. These products meet GreenStar building requirements.
- Termite resistant: Naturally occurring preservatives give it an in-built resistance to termites, moisture and decay.
Lightweight but strong, Western Red Cedar is easy to cut, saw and nail without the need for special tools. It’s also easy to plane and profile, and is highly resistant to splitting caused by fasteners. Western Red Cedar retains its shape, even when exposed to the elements. It has twice the stability of most commonly available conifers and resists warping, cupping and twisting. Naturally occurring preservatives also help it resist rot and mould so it can withstand even the harshest weather, all year round.