- Protects the natural timber grain
- Low odour
- Stain and scratch resistant
- Fast recoat - 2 hours
Cabots's Stain and Varnish Water Based is a combined stain and varnish suitable for use on all interior timber. This easy to apply formula gives a durable, stain and scratch resistant finish that helps protect natural timber grain against age and wear. Available in a wide range of timber finishes.
Note: Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with Cabot’s Wood Tone Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching. Remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil with mineral turpentine. Remove any polish with a suitable floor polish remover.
Bare Timber Sand the surface smooth using 180 - 240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously Coated Timber Completely remove the previous coating using a paint stripper or by sanding. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle until pigment is mixed in and colour is uniform. Keep well stirred during use. If using more than one can, mix all cans together into a larger container to ensure colour uniformity.
2. Apply with a good quality brush or roller.
3. Apply three coats depending on the required depth of colour, allowing 2 hours between coats.
4. For best results, sand between coats using 240 grit sandpaper. COLOUR STRENGTH If the desired colour is achieved after 1 or 2 coats of Cabot's Stain & Varnish Water Based, use Cabot's Cabothane Clear Water Based to complete the 3 coat system.
Regular inspection of all coated surfaces is recommended. Re-coating is recommended when the coating looks dull or tired.
1. Clean with Cabot's Floor Clean following label instructions.
2. Sand with 240 grit sandpaper, remove all traces of sanding dust.
3. Apply 1-2 coats of Stain & Varnish Water Based.