A message to our customers
In the interests of team and customer safety and as part of ongoing efforts to give customers access to the products they need, Bunnings have today announced a number of additional changes to their stores.
From Monday, Bunnings stores will open exclusively for trade customers and emergency services personnel before 9am on weekdays. Weekend trading hours will remain the same with no restrictions.
Our emergency services personnel are doing an incredible job and we want them to have an opportunity to access the products they need.
For tradies, it’s about keeping their businesses running and getting the items they need to help with vital maintenance and repair projects
Bunnings stores will also close at 7pm Monday to Friday to enable team members to re-stock shelves and conduct a thorough clean of the store.
Retail customers will be able to shop from 9am midweek and weekend hours will remain the same with no exclusions on Saturdays and Sundays.
We know our customers need access to products to maintain their homes and we want to stay open for our customers to make these items available, while also putting measures in place to keep them safe.
We also want customers to be aware that there may be some delays in our busier stores as we try to ensure we are doing everything we can to ensure social distancing measures.
This could be anything from less checkouts in operation, to limiting customer numbers in store, it will be different store to store depending on how busy they are and we’ll do the best we can to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible.
Inside the store, customers may already have noticed some changes as Bunnings continues to put in place additional measures to help look after team members and customers. These include:
- Increased cleaning in-store and for equipment such as counters, trolleys and baskets
- Providing team with gloves and hand sanitiser
- Suspended sausage sizzles, family events, in-store and children’s activities
- Implemented social distancing measures, including taping floors to mark 1.5m, moving stock on pallets around to open up space, trestle tables in front of service areas to create more distance
- Posters outside and around the store (and reminding customers via PA announcements)
- Closed our playgrounds
- From Tuesday 31st March, Bunnings will be closing the Hire Shop until further notice. All items that are currently out on hire can remain so, however we are unable to process any further hires of equipment, vehicles or trailers.
- All cafes in our stores will be shut as of close of business Friday 27th March, until further notice
- Water fountains and trade coffee stations closed
- Encouraging customers to use Tap and Pay where possible
Bunnings will continue to follow government advice in relation to all its store operations and will continue to make necessary changes to keep team and customers as safe as possible.
We really appreciate just how understanding our customers have been and thank them sincerely for their support in giving us the opportunity to support them.
For more information on the above please visit Bunnings.com.au and you can view your stores local trading hours here.