- Calathea Exotica has large, elongated leaves in a silvery green colour, with regular dark green stripes coming from the vein.
- Calatheas grow by means of a creeping rhizome. (They are not at all invasive).
- Your plant will expand quickly enough to fill a decorative pot or that shady area in your garden.
- Calatheas require bright indirect sunlight but are tolerant of lower light conditions, making them great indoor houseplants.
- Never allow roots to be soaked with standing water but they do enjoy continuous availability of water in their soil. Water often to obtain this condition (with perfect drainage). Reduce watering slightly in winter.
The Calathea is a genus of plants belonging to the family Marantaceae. There are a large number of species in the genus. The Calathea is native to the Americas. This variety of Calathea majestica or commonly called Exotica has striking leaves are the attraction for tropical gardeners and indoor plant lovers as well.