Why Work at Bunnings
Our team members are the face of Bunnings to our customers and provide friendly and helpful service. The size of the Bunnings network means we can offer real benefits and opportunities for career and personal development. Just ask one of our team members and they'll tell you.
Whilst we're larger today, we have retained a family feel and still have fun. We know that having a high retention rate with many long term team members, asking our team regularly for feedback on how we're doing (or how we're living our vision and values) and participating in different ways in the communities that we live in, plays a big part in this. We truly care for the team, and take our responsibility to provide a safe, secure and rewarding environment very seriously.
View our latest job opportunities.
As a Bunnings team member you'll enjoy such benefits as:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive remuneration
- Team Member & Spouse Discount
- Career opportunities in metro and regional areas across Australia and New Zealand
- Opportunity to participate in the Wesfarmers Share Plan
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible team members
- Access to discounted offers from our partners on insurance, new car purchases, computers and private health insurance
- Ongoing career development & training in everything from forklifts to leadership
- Opportunities to make a real difference in your community & environment
- Be a part of our fun Social Club and participate in team sporting events, BBQ's, picnics, quiz nights and much more
- Work in a fun environment where you get to wear your jeans to work
Got a question? Visit our FAQ page.
The Best People to Tell You About Our Culture is Our Team
"Bunnings is a company that lives the values from the top. It allows us the opportunity to express ourselves as individuals as well as realise that we need each other to be successful."
Kevin, Bunnings Hastings
I love working at Bunnings as it provides many opportunities to learn and grow and be the best I can be as part of a team that relies on each other to achieve. Bunnings culture creates a home away from home - a truly great place to work and grow where age and experience is no barrier.
Liz, Bunnings Sunbury
"Bunnings is a career for me. I've been a tradesman, a rural contractor and a police officer. Bunnings will challenge me at times, and push me to strive better as I move up with the business. It's about the satisfaction of success in service and team work."
Jeremy, Bunnings Narellan
The Right Team
Bunnings recognises that the selection of a new Team Member is a major investment for Bunnings and also for the applicant. We use behavioural examples to clarify information and predict future job performance.
The Bunnings selection process is objective and relies on collecting information about the applicant on;
- Work/Educational History/Qualifications/Skills
- Specific Experiences (things that the applicant has done in his or her jobs or relevant history)
- Interests and Desires
- Motivational fit for the organisation
- On successful completion of the initial application, applicants will be further screened and assessed to ensure we have the best players as part of the best team.
Got a question? Visit our FAQ page.
Thank you for your interest and time in looking at employment opportunities at Bunnings.
To apply for positions within Bunnings, please search for a vacancy, by location, keyword or by using the expertise list. We encourage you to create a personal profile, as you can then update this and keep track of positions that you have applied for. You may also elect to sign up for job alerts that match with your specific criteria. You may also apply for a position without creating a profile.
You can save and return and complete your profile at any time. You can attach a resume (CV) if there is more that you want to tell us... Resumes should be in Word .doc/.docx, PDF or RTF format, should be no larger than 2Mb and the file name must only contain alphanumeric characters.
It will be helpful for you to have the following details before creating a profile or starting the application process;
- The dates and details of any courses, degrees, certificates or diplomas you have
- The dates and details of any previous employment experience
- Your current email address
- A list of current referees, both professional and personal, with current contact details
- As part of the online process you will be informed of the Terms and Conditions of your application and requested to answer some questions and provide details of your employment history.
All of this information will help us to process your application effectively.
Do not feel disheartened if there are no employment opportunities posted in your desired field at this point in time. This site is updated regularly with new employment opportunities with Bunnings as they become available.
If you do not have a current email address and are unable to arrange a free one through Google, Hotmail or Yahoo etc, please visit your local store for a manual application form.
We've put together some answers to commonly asked questions by people applying for jobs.
View our FAQs